Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Lilac Vigil

The lilac blossoms on the shrubs lining our front yard are pushing hard to burst out.  We thought they would make it as the sun teased us this morning, but are still just a promise of purple against green.  

My novel is still mostly dormant, but pushing hard to claim existence.  Closeting oneself, albeit  in pleasant surroundings, is hard.  After 40+ hours plugged into an office, I want Saturdays to be unplugged: lounging with people I love, talking, reading aloud, eating, walking, watching movies.  

What am I learning about this process?  No writing will happen until after I do Morning Pages.  Journaling for 30” minimum is the rite for re-engaging with my Self, to cross the threshold from deliberately self-suppressing activity all week to jumping up and down, laughing, flinging my arms and butt and saying “Here I am!” on the written page, of course.  Giving of oneself with any authenticity and sincerity requires having a self that produces the gift.  The lilac vigil continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment